Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Start: Events and Adventures DC

Events and Adventures in Washington D.C....also Northern Virginia and Maryland also...slightly outside of the Metro area...and then really far away from the Metro...okay so a lot of far away from the Metro


Consumerist Report on Advents and Adventures

Yelp Reviews

The Rip Off Report

Better Business Bureau  (they got an F)

The cost is too high. The calender events are too spread out. The "free" events are hardly free. The paid events come at no discount. You have to drive to your own events. You have to pay for all of your food and drink. What does the thousand (or much more depending on your interviewer's opinion) actually do? I have no idea because there is also a $30 dollar a month fee. So basically what are we, the Events and Adventurers consumers, paying for? Someone to write a website (look I am doing that for free), someone to pick events and someone to check names off of a list.

So here starts the adventure: Carrie and Janet make and adventure out of Events and Adventures! We are going to make a blog about it. We will review every event we attend. We will give you a report about the people we meet.  Is it a scam or a success? Find out with us.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie and Janet: so grateful to see your blog. What a great idea to blog about it!
    My son just got "taken" by E&A, and I googled it....OMG. So, he has decided to make the best of it as well...If you ever succeed in getting out of your contract can you please post that story of how you did it? Otherwise, maybe I'll suggest to my son that he start a blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I called and searched and tried, and there is no way out of the contract. They lady on the phone turned rather wicked sounding when I suggested that it was a bad business practice. She explained that my state offers no legal help for me to get out of the contract. If you happen to be in the Boston area- tell him to not attend any events and he can cancel if under a week- that's at least what I saw online. I am sure they will not be helpful. As far as Washington DC area we are out of luck.

      Delete
  2. Hi there - I just joined today before reading about the reviews- how dumb of me! Can i still get out of it because it's under a week? And if so- how? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete