Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Trying to Cancel



So the very next day after I signed up for Events and Adventures, which I have learned members call E&A sometimes in hushed tones, I called to see if I could cancel. Panic is the word I would used to describe the tone of the woman on the other side of the phone line. Screechy is how I would describe her voice. She kept telling me that if she were in my position I was in she would feel the same way.

Wait.

 So the sales woman from E&A just told me that if she as me she would understand and want to quit as well. Yes, that is what happened. After a few moments of me telling her my understanding of Virginia law and her telling me stuff she was making up on the spot, she told me that she knew there was no way out of my contract. I asked her about the Virginia law called colloquially the "cooling off rule" and she said that was just for real estate. I told her that law actually specifically prohibited real estate. All she could say was, "oh.' I realized then that I had caught he lying and she didn't know what else to say other than to tell me again, that the only way out was to die, get married or move far away.

I realize this is why they don't do this online, or over the phone. If they had done any of these things then Virginia law would allow the consumer to back out of this deal.

Events and Adventures is looking more like a scam.

No comments:

Post a Comment